Thursday, August 16, 2012

Can Massa, recommended Rural Farmhouse in the Costa Brava


Today I’m staying at a lovely farmhouse located in the heart of the Costa Brava, Can Massa. Josep, his owner, meets me when I arrive and shows me all the house and my room. Everything has an authentic old atmosphere that transports you to the time when catalan people living here worked hard at their lands to collect what they needed to eat, and the time where animals where essential to achieve it. I’ve been in many farmhouses, specially in Catalonia, where they are very popular, and I can say this one is one of the most authentic houses. I encourage everybody to see the video below I made during my visit. I was able to talk with Josep and also shared details of the house and places around.
I started with a visit to Pubol, the village next to La Pera where the house is located. Pubol is famous for it’s Dali Castle (Castell de Gala Dali). Dali’s wife, Gala, lived there and it’s known that Dali had the access denied, although he liked to see what was happening inside through a little hole. In the actual castle we find a museum with pretty important art pieces from Dali.
After a little walk inside Pubol I went to Can Massa to rest a little bit and relax at the porch in the garden. They have a little pool, very cute and necessary at this time of the year. It’s summer and it’s hot and sunny, but at 19h sun starts hidding and you can enjoy a very relaxing time at the porch or sitting on the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment